So much can change in one year! Just one year ago, Ben and I were looking forward to building our house in Eau Claire, Wisconsin — and now, we’re moving to Minnesota!
For the past 7 years, Eau Claire, Wisconsin has been our home. It’s become one of my favorite places in the whole world. There’s simply no place like Eau Claire. From the biking trails and landscape to the diverse small businesses and friendly people — I feel really lucky to live in Eau Claire. Just 6 months after getting married, Ben and I moved here. For 7 years, it’s been our place.
Here, we’ve lived just an hour to an hour and a half away from the Twin Cities: Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Just like Eau Claire, the Twin Cities have become a place we love so much. (Just a few of my personal favorite places are Midtown Global Market, J. Selby’s, The Herbivorous Butcher, Grand Avenue, and the Saint Paul Farmers’ Market.) Over the years, we’ve made so many special memories in Minnesota: family dinners, holiday traditions, staycations, hosting The With Grace and Gold Workshop…
So, when an opportunity for us to move to Minnesota arose, we excitedly accepted.
We’re moving to Minnesota! Here are the details:
- Ben accepted a new teaching position!
- We’re building another house, and it will be completed in January or February. (Photos of a model home are below!)
- We’ll be about 10 minutes from downtown Saint Paul — which I’m so excited about! Saint Paul is such a special place.
- We’re both looking forward to having access to more community events, to be part of a more diverse community, and to be part of our community in new ways.
- I’m personally looking forward to volunteering at a local animal sanctuary, only 15 minutes away from our new house.
Here is a photo of Ben on our lot in March. We’re excited to stop by again in summer, when the trees are green!
So, our plan for the remainder of 2020 is to enjoy being in Eau Claire — to soak up as much of our city as we can. I’ll be sure to share details and progress regarding our new #ourheartmadehome as I can!6