A couple of weeks ago, I returned home from a week-long trip to Annapolis, Maryland for the Creative at Heart Conference. For one day, though, Andra and I visited Washington, DC, where my older brother lives. It was my very first trip to Washington, DC, and I’m so glad my brother knows the ins and outs of the city — because he gave us a whirlwind tour of all of the main attractions!
I wish I had more pictures to show you — but as you’ll see below, I had only one thing on my mind: cherry blossoms.
I have always wanted to visit my brother during the cherry blossom season, and it just so happened that the timing of Creative at Heart Conference worked perfectly!
Our Trip to Washington DC
- Our first stop was, of course, Starbucks… because our Starbucks addiction is very real at With Grace and Gold.
- We visited the National Archives very quickly to see The Constitution, The Bill of Rights, The Declaration of Independence — and to learn about our history!
- We had lunch at &pizza, which is like Subway but with pizza. Yum!
- We walked by the Washington Monument.
- And finally, we walked by the White House… which was so surreal!
It was a very speedy trip, but a trip I’m so grateful for. It was not only a fun opportunity to be with my brother — but also a great opportunity to explore some of the monuments and pieces of our history I’d only seen in movies!3