In October 2022, Ben and I traveled to Greenville, South Carolina. This was actually my second visit to Greenville — because I visited in 2004 for a high school singing competition! Now, visiting as a grown-up who loves coffee and food 🤪 alongside my husband, made our trip really fun and special!
Greenville, South Carolina Travel Guide
Where We Stayed in Greenville
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown-RiverPlace. Our hotel was located right on the Reedy River, which features a really lovely riverfront walking path. I loved walking along the river in the morning — or to easily walk downtown. I was surprised by how easily accessible and walkable downtown Greenville was overall!
- For the second half of our trip, we stayed at this Airbnb, located a bit further down the road from our hotel. Our Airbnb was located above a restaurant and allowed us to walk to fun places like Falls Park on the Reedy and downtown as a whole.
Places We Visited in and Around Greenville
- Falls Park on the Reedy. A really beautiful park and bridge with awesome views of the river.
- Downtown Greenville. One of the prettiest downtowns I’ve ever seen. The streets were treelined, everything was a beautiful blend of historic and modern, and there were so many local businesses to explore.
- Travelers Rest, South Carolina. We rented a car to explore places surrounding Greenville, one of which was Travelers Rest. This really small and quaint town had a couple of coffee shops and a home decor store I really loved.
- West Greenville. Our driving around led us to West Greenville, where there were even more small businesses, restaurants, and coffee shops to explore. When we travel, we love being able to walk around and visit small businesses, so having so many areas to explore made our trip so much fun!
Greenville Coffee Shops and Restaurants We Loved
In no particular order, here are the coffee shops and restaurants we tried and loved in and around Greenville:
- Methodical Coffee. This local coffee shop has a few locations, but we visited the downtown location a few times! The coffee was delicious and the atmosphere really reminded me of the Twin Cities.
- Pomegranate on Main. This Persian restaurant was officially the best meal I had in Greenville — and maybe my whole life!
- Coral. Our Airbnb was located above Coral, so we couldn’t help but grab appetizers there. The atmosphere was fun and lively, and our appetizers were delicious!
- Paloma. Paloma is a Spanish and Mediterranean restaurant attached to a hotel. Because Ben and I wanted to try as many places as we could, we find ourselves really appreciating places with small portions and appetizers. The potatoes were amazing!
- Gather Greenville. Gather was an outdoor food hall with 10-12 different restaurants. Upon checkout, I realized our Airbnb host had recommended going to Gather, so we decided to try it for lunch! We shared mushroom tacos from one restaurant and Brussels sprouts from another.
- Tandem in Travelers Rest. Tandem is a coffee and crepe place! This was such a delicious and fun place to go for breakfast, because we ordered from a food truck and then dined in. I just really liked the atmosphere!
- Swamp Rabbit Cafe & Grocery. This was easily one of our favorite places from our entire trip to Greenville. As avid bikers and coffee lovers, this cute indoor and outdoor space was the perfect place to grab coffee and breakfast and to enjoy the scenery.
Overall, I truly loved and enjoyed our fall vacation in Greenville, South Carolina and can definitely see why so many people choose to call Greenville their home!