If there is one thing I’ve learned over the past several weeks, it is: eating well requires a lot of planning. Generally, I eat close to the same thing every day for breakfast and for lunch (I know, kind of boring) — so dinner is when I try to mix it up and create something new. At the end of the day, it is really easy to over-eat, so having a healthy, nutrient-dense, filling dinner is key!
Today, I’m excited to share a vegan quinoa salad recipe. This recipe is super customizable and can be as sweet or salty as you’d like.
Vegan Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 2 Cups of Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, Diced
- A Handful of Kale, Chopped
- A Dash of Sea Salt
- A Dash Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
- Cook 2 cups of quinoa, and set aside.
- Dice 2 sweet potatoes, and cook until softened in a non-stick frying pan with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add a handful of chopped kale, and cook until wilted.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper over the sweet potatoes and kale. (Feel free to add any additional seasonings you’d like, such as paprika or Mrs. Dash!)
- Pour the sweet potato and kale mixture into the cooked quinoa.
- Chop the red onion, and add to the sweet potato, kale, quinoa mixture.
Something I love about this recipe is: You can add anything you’d like to this dish — like a dressing or topping, or pomegranate seeds. It’s really customizable, so feel free to add anything you’d like! Enjoy!