Today, I’m so excited to share one of my all-time favorite vegan, plant-based recipes! I could make this recipe every day — and, honestly, sometimes I do make it a few days in a row! It’s a sweet potato with an avocado cilantro topping. It’s simple, easy to create, and it uses everyday ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen! (That’s my favorite kind of vegan recipe!)
This recipe comes from Oh She Glows Every Day — which is one of my favorite plant-based, whole foods cook books. I love how easy each recipe is. It makes having a plant-based diet easier than ever!
Sweet Potato with Avocado Cilantro Topping
Vegan Sweet Potato and Avocado Recipe
Yield 1 Baked Potato
- 1 Sweet Potato, Baked
- 2 Avocados, Peeled and Mashed
- 1 Lime, Squeezed
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, Minced
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch of Cilantro
- 1 Cup of Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- Prepare a sweet potato to be baked within your microwave. Bake, and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 2 peeled and mashed avocados, 1 squeezed lime, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, 1 pinch of sea salt, and 1 pinch of cilantro. Mix well with a spoon.
- Slice the sweet potato down the middle, open, and add the mashed avocado topping.
- Then, top with 1 cup of drained and rinsed black beans.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Enjoy!