For the past week, I’ve been learning more and more about vegan-friendly food — including how to make vegan-friendly food! For me, being vegan is all about eating whole foods, being mindful of my overall health and wellness, and of course, having a “kind” diet. At the end of the day, though, it’s always a good idea to have a vegan cupcake recipe in your back pocket! ;-)
My sister and I whipped up these vegan cupcakes for our sister’s college graduation party, and they were so well-loved, they didn’t last very long!
Vegan Cupcake Recipe
- 1 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup of Natural Cane Sugar or Stevia
- ⅓ Cup of Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cups of Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ⅓ Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ¾ Teaspoon of Fine Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F, and line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 1½ cups of flour, ⅓ cup of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and¾ teaspoon of sea salt, until mixed thoroughly. Set aside.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients. In a separate medium mixing bowl, add 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup of natural cane sugar or stevia, ⅓ cup of melted coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract. Mix or whisk thoroughly.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and whisk until completely blended and clump-free.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, and bake for 20-24 minutes.
We experimented with toppings and found the following were delicious:
- Frosting (Be sure to check the label for vegan friendly options!)
- Sprinkles (Be sure to check the label for vegan friendly options!) and Sea Salt
- Thin Mints (Which are — surprisingly — vegan!)
Shop the Post
I hope you enjoy these delicious cupcakes!